Are you thinking about
- Maintaining a healthy weight?
- Eating more healthily?
- Improving fitness?
- Stopping smoking?
- Reducing how much alcohol you drink?
- Feeling good about yourself?
If so contact your local Health Improvement Advisors through www.livelifebetterderbyshire.org.uk
Many health conditions are linked to poor lifestyle choice.
A Health Improvement Advisor will help people to adopt a healthier life style. This includes:–
- Smoking – stop smoking
- Alcohol – reduce alcohol intake
- Exercise – become more active
- Health Eating – eat a balanced Diet
A Health Improvement Advisor will:–
- Support and motivate you to a healthier lifestyle
- Provide you with information to help you make a choice
- Help you to access the right services to help you improve your health
- Work with you to draw up a personal health plan and support you to achieve your goal
A small change to your lifestyle can make a big difference.
Give it a go and feel the difference!
Health Improvement Advisors
- Are people recruited from local areas that have an interest in health.
- Understand what it means to live and work within local communities.
- Are not here to advise but support local people with their lifestyle choice.
A Health Improvement Advisor undertake a program of education and training to equip them with the knowledge and skills for the role.
Community Health Champions are volunteers for health working within local communities with Health Improvement Advisors to support other local people to access services.